Thursday, October 12, 2006

Check the Box Next to Ignorant....

I am an avid listener of WRKO and I feel I am up on politics and what is going on in the world, but I am also a woman who feels that there still exists a level of discrimination in our society and unfortunately talk radio supports the idea that women are uneducated about their society and that politics go over their heads. What started last night on Howie Carr and continued even into this morning on John Depetro is disheartening because it just may be true, but not in the sense that women know nothing of politics or care. I think most people don't know and don't care, especially people under the age of thirty. I would bet just as many 25 year old men are as clueless about politics as women the same age. I don't think the question should be "Why do women not understand politics or care," it should be "Why do people, in general pay little to no attention to or care about politics?"

Apathy plays a large part of this, I believe people think they can not change anything so they find it easier to tune out, as Deval Patrick would say "Ignorance is bliss.." Sorry he didn't say that, but he is banking on that being the case and unfortunately it looks like a lot of ignorant people will be voting, not just women.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Scott Allen Miller said...

You're proof that there are always exceptions to gender-based generalizations. Glad to have you along for the ride.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home